Invitation: Faculty-led conversation regarding our Learning in the World programs
Monday, November 10th, Underwood Room
PA faculty and community members are invited to participate in a lightly moderated conversation regarding our Learning in the World initiatives and the many opportunities that we offer for students to study and learn off-campus:
- internationally, through faculty-led programs such as our Russia Program, HUACA, BASK in ASK, and others;
- domestically, through our Civil Rights program, Pecos Pathways, and a service-learning program to South Carolina, led by our Community Service Office; and
- locally, through experiential courses, community service efforts and other programming, including Andover Bread Loaf, PALS and other opportunities.
More broadly, we look forward to sharing thoughts regarding the ways in which global perspectives and experiences are woven into our curriculum and program overall, and where there might be opportunities for continued growth and expansion.
Hosted by the Tang Institute in collaboration with our Learning in the World program leaders, we hope this will be the first of a series of faculty-driven conversations on these topics. We will invite your ideas regarding the many ways in which we can continue to introduce and integrate these themes into our program in a variety of ways. Among the goals of the 2014 Strategic Plan is to “provide an opportunity for every student to study off campus and experience a different culture”. In anticipation of the 2015 Implementation Group who will pick up this topic, we look forward to your thoughts on current and future programs, the best ways to support faculty development and experimentation, the role of curricular innovation and creative models, and sustainable partnerships.
If you are able to attend, please RSVP to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Food and refreshments will be served! Please bring a device so we can capture additional feedback regarding the discussion.
Upcoming Learning in the World Events and Activities:
- 11/10 (Monday, 5:30-6:30, Underwood Room) LitW: Open Discussion with Faculty
- 11/17 (Monday) Online Application process for 2015 applicants will open
- 11/19 (Wednesday, 5-7pm, Mural Room) Learning in the World Open House – all community members are invited to attend
- 12/3 (Wednesday) Deadline for Applications to the HUACA Program
- 12/6 (Saturday) Deadline for Applications to the Piette Program
- 12/10 (Wednesday, 5-7pm, Mural Room) Learning in the World Open House II – all community members are invited to attend
- 1/11 (Sunday, by 12pm) Deadline for Remaining LitW Applications, due on Sunday, January 11th by noon (the first Sunday back from break).
We encourage all students to get their applications in as soon as possible and to use the Thanksgiving and December breaks to discuss these opportunities with their parents.