Experience Technovation Challenge
Learn about Signing up for 2016; Meet Past Participants
Please join us for an event that will feature an opportunity to engage with 2015 Technovation Challenge participants and offer information about how to participate in the 2016 competition. The event—hosted by Maria Litvin, along with PA’s Educational Initiatives team and Tang Institute—will take place on Thursday, December 3, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in Pearson C. Refreshments will be provided.
- Learn from last year’s Technovation teams and participants
- See demos of apps that have been developed
- Hear from community mentors about why this competition matters
- Connect with other interested girls aiming to solve community problems
- See a series of short clips from CodeGirl, a full-length film about last year’s international Technovation competition (featuring some of our PA girls!).
- Find out how to sign up and create a team for 2016!
What is Technovation Challenge?
Technovation provides the opportunity to work with a team of other girls to identify a challenge in your community, design a potential solution, and build an app to address the problem.
Do I have to be a “techie” to participate?
Not at all! Technovation is about the whole process of bringing an idea to market. You will learn to brainstorm ideas collaboratively; use empathy to design a solution; analyze the competition; brand, pitch, and market your concept; craft a business plan; code an app; and evaluate your successes. All kinds of skills and perspectives are needed, so don¹t let inexperience deter you!
Join us for cocoa, popcorn, and fun Thursday, December 3 at 6:30 p.m.!